Tuesday, November 20, 2012

I'm sharing my feelings. I don't like to share food or anything else for that matter.

My mother got me dinner from a Dhaba last night.

And mom was all loving and wanted me to finish the most of it.

And then I started feeling sick. And fat. And ugly.

I want to make it better by exercising. But something tells me it has a lot to with my state of mind. I am depressed or tending towards depression most of the time. And I eat. I feel too much and I eat to stifle my feelings.

I am almost grateful that I have exams coming up from next week. So I can busy myself with learning things. That's what I am supposed to be doing on a study leave anyway. Not eat and feel crappy about myself.

This is why I love writing. My problem literally solved itself.....not really. But it helps to share.

2 comments:

  1. Saw your post on my blog and so came to check yours out, too. This sounds all too familiar! We women have deep, complicated relationships with food, don't we? Have you read "Women, Food, and God" by Genene Roth? It's the most brilliant writing I've ever read on the subject. I'm not religious, by the way, but do consider myself spiritual. The book is loving, enlightening, and not at all preachy. Let me know if you check it out - I'd love to hear what you think. Peace, sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am delighted you came back to check my blog here. :) You are actually the first one to comment!
      I haven't read the book though... Did check it out on Amazon. Will give it a read as soon as my exams get over <3 thank you...for being here. :)

      Delete