Sunday, April 14, 2013

You Can't Have Everything

Hello!

It's Bengali Happy New Year today so...Happy New Year!! :) We say "Shubho Nababarsho" in Bengali. 

I recently watched a show called Talk Asia in CNN and Tetsuya who is the most humble chef I have possibly ever seen was being interviewed by Monita Rajpal. 

I really wanted to link this blog to that video because what Mr Tetsuya Wakuda said in that interview was a starttling but God honest truth that can help us deal with half of our daily problems! 

Ms Rajpal was asking about what he'd had to sacrifice in order to get where he did and he said very humbly," My free time" ( he was not a very talkative interviewee, which is honestly a refreshing change) and then Monita Rajpal asks "what about family?" 

Tetsuya: I don't have a family. The people who work for me are my family. 

MR: Don't you feel alone?

Tetsuya: I did have a family, a wife but I couldn't give her time. And then things happened so fast.You can't have everything !!

MR: Wow, you are possibly the first man who's told me he can't have it all. 

And there you have it. You can't have everything. I thought about this for a very long time after the show. And when things get bad....if we just keep telling ourselves that we can't have everything and that it's okay to not have everything then a lot of that superficial pain will go away. I sincerely believe it. 


1 comment:

  1. We can't have everything. And honestly? Who would want it?

    Better to have priorities than have it all. One is possible, the other is not.

    ReplyDelete