Thursday, June 20, 2013

"How do you solve a problem like Maria"? Well, she didn't *have* a problem! I would sing a lot too, if I lived amidst such beauty.

I went to Jungfraujoch, which they claim is the highest railway station of Europe in nothing but a churidar and full sleeve warm balloon top kinda thing, and  a jacket. I wore thin stockings and  mildly covered shoes. 

Judging by altitude and temperature terms, you could say I was practically naked on the Swiss Alps. 

And it was so cold that  most of the pictures my mother took of me over there, came out like this: 

My take-the-damn-picture-already expression 
But by God, was it beautiful up there......


It was like being next to stuff you see in the movies. And then feeling a little helpless because no number of pictures you take can ever do the justice to the beauty you see through your own eyes.

But one thing was startlingly clear: 


That despite my teeth forming an automatic smile, because they couldn't help but chatter, and despite feeling practically like an ice sculpture myself...I still can't believe how lucky I am in seeing what I saw... 


No comments:

Post a Comment