Sunday, July 28, 2013

Part 4: Winds Push Me Away.


I’m almost done with yet another week here, in Mumbai. There are so many people I have got to know, in this short span. Some of them have become friends that I’d love to keep in touch with, others belong to that group of species that intrigue you so much that you want to stare or converse with them the whole day, just to map their source of thoughts. It is hard  not to lose yourself a little bit. Sometimes you are thankful that you did. Other times you wish you’d just listened to your inner voice.

However, there are always things you just stumble upon:

I realised that I like quiet. I have a really fun room mate. She keeps suggesting fun activities, or fun movies we should watch on the telly. I go along almost always. And then I’m  just craving to go back to my room, sit with my laptop, or just read a book.

My definition of fun is very different from most people’s. I am probably the kind of person that would bore you to death in a loud music environment, because I think it is pointless trying to make meaningful conversation with anyone when you have to raise your voice beyond a certain pitch.

I am seriously unintentionally funny. I know my twitter handle says that about me. But it was a guess. Now I know for sure. Because I have been told so. By numerous people.In those exact same words.

I take a while to respond positively to a request for a  favour. Even if it is a small one. Funny thing though, I find it exceptionally hard to say no to one.

I seriously cannot write a blog post without being interrupted many times here.

A one particular room-mate of mine, S, has surpassed the very definition of selfishness. And  it is my life’s aim to never behave like her.

This place has very strong winds. Like OMG it’s a setting for a scary movie kind of strong winds.This one time I was staring out of a window, and I see these trees looking all eerie and just lying there, knocked down by the winds. And I can't help but feel sad for them....bare trees with their branches outspread lying there on the concrete waiting for the rain to come and wash them away...

Oya -- Yoruba/Santeria.        She is seen in aspects as the warrior-spirit of the wind, lightning, fertility, fire, and magic. She creates hurricanes and tornadoes, and guards the underworld.  Beyond destruction, Oya is the spirit of change, transition, and the chaos that often brings it about.

Did I tell you this place we live in is haunted? Because it seriously is. But it is beautiful enough to make you get spooked and then learn to live with the spookiness, it becomes a part of you. So you find yourself leaning out and wanting to catch the rain on your tongue and wonder why things wouldn’t end already.

Why won’t they just end?





No comments:

Post a Comment