Saturday, July 20, 2013

So I'm Storing All These Masks In The Dark Corners of My Closet For The Next Three Weeks.

Update: I wrote this post one week ago, but I forgot to post it. Because that's just how my week has been. It's been a bombardment from all directions and I'm barely just coping. I want to write all about it, but Time is a Monster. It makes you pay...in push-ups. (If this is not making any sense don't worry, I'm not sure it makes sense to me...yet). 

Look out!!


So here's from  the pre-bombardment me: 

This Saturday(13th July)  I leave everything that is expected of   me as someone who has completed her postgraduation in Economics; get away and  do something completely different. 

It is so different it freaks me out a little bit.


 But this the oh-my-God- I- am- seeing- myself- naked- for- the- first- time- and- I- feel- good- about- me kind of freaky. 


Okay I'm not a narcissist or anything...this is a creative job that I'm actually getting paid to take up, like in cash notes or cheques or whatever form of currency..you know? 


And I just want to stop being a closed person and not accept this opportunity because I'm supposed to be all "smart" and "analytical" and other stuff that economics is supposed to make you become, instead of allowing myself this terible need I have to express myself creatively. 


I.just.want.to.see.if.I'm.any.good.at.this. 


So I'm leaving for Mumbai (I like to call it Bombay) this Saturday where I basically attend a three week long orientation programme. 


None of this has been easy to put across to people who still care about me: like my mother. 


Yeah that's the whole list. 


But I'm going. And maybe it won't be all the things I think it's cracked up to be.


Three weeks is however, a reasonable investment  (time-wise)  for fulfillment of a day dream I've always had.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment