Friday, September 13, 2013

I'm Drunk.In The Best Possible Way.

In one of those really frustrating moments when I couldn't open the  gate to my Dida's  house, I realized that the two way latch was actually locked on my side of the gate instead of the other side. I really didn't have to slide my hand treacherously through the grills to get the gate open. I just had to slide the latch and open.the.damn.gate. 

Then there was the issue of how my grandmother's attendant was flabbergasted with the whole concept of huggies, for old women. She struggled so hard to take them off my grandmother, that she finally had to use a knife to cut the thing off. Seriously, a knife. It is absolutely no different from the Mamy Poko Pants a kid has to wear. It's like taking a sticker off or whatever. You get my point right? The knife was so superfluous that I couldn't help but laugh, despite the obvious discomfort it must have caused Dida. 

I cannot help but wonder if we often make the same mistake with life. We cannot look at it simply. 

We approach it with a knife, or try to look at it in a round about way when all we have to do is to live it. Just live it. 

My work, has made me come in touch with people who challenge what their bodies are capable of every.single.day. The surprising result that I have seen, is that our bodies are manufactured to live, they have a  tremendous tendency to survive despite all fucking odds that are lined up against it. 

The funny thing? each of us have bodies. Each of us have this tremendous machine, if you must, to live. All we have to do is to switch the power on (breathe) and do. 

Today is just one of those days that I am just...in awe of  how much living our bodies are packed with, like you know those super expensive Reebok boots that have a lot of wear in them, but we don't have to buy our bodies, we are gifted with them right from the very beginning...and I remember how as kids,  we used to play games and exhaust ourselves to the point that we'd fall asleep, that was us doing what we're meant to do even now, living out the life our bodies were gifted with, we played then because we could not do any work that had outcome, at the point, but we were always so ready to "do" . 

Somewhere, in this maze of growing up and becoming an adult, we forget that things can be simple, that maybe life is meant to be lived with the vigorous zest of a  child determined to exhaust oneself to the point of sleep (death). 

I am willing now, although this very thought is what my mind has been wired to fear. My mind fears a lot of things. 

But it's nice, to be a witness, and understand this, simply. I have my boss to thank for that.No,  she didn't sit down and tell me these things. She lives it. Every day. 

She is one of those very few inspiring ladies I have met in my life. 

The others being: 
My mom
My English Teacher
Jenny Lawson 

All of them have given me this, as a general message: 

It's not c'est la vie ~sigh~

but a hearty: C'EST LA VIE ! MOTHERFUCKER! 




No comments:

Post a Comment