Monday, September 2, 2013

Why You'll Never Catch Me Dry Humping The Floor.

I keep going back to this camp. But I learnt so much there, so yeah.

Bear with me. 

Back there, we had to do push ups whenever we were late for a meeting/task. Since this camp was about team work, even if one person messed up  the others had to pay. 

And there was one girl, who couldn't do push ups to save her life...so she'd just end up dry humping the floor. 

Naughty Kitten!!! ;)
Initial reaction from everyone else. We were very very confused. 

All of us tried to tell her she was doing it wrong...but I don't know...she just kept on doing suggestive wave motions on the floor, with her whole body. And since she wouldn't listen to us, we would start giggling our butts off...because well... the.girl.was.dry.humping.the.floor. 

And then one guy, who couldn't bear to look anymore, got up and showed her how she could do a girl push up: 

8 Types Of Push ups For Women And Their Benefits


And she says: " Oh! This is so much easier than what I was doing." 

And we girls gave a collective, " yeah, you bet!" 
                                                       

 *****

It strikes me, that she probably didn't even realize that her innocent exercise was coming across very wrong to the remaining nineteen of us. 

It's all about perspective. 

Every time I feel like I'm in the wrong place, because I seem to be messing everything up, or people are staring at me funny(which happens a lot) : I remember this. 

I tell myself, stop doing what you're doing. You're probably dry humping the floor right now. Metaphorically. Which is even worse.  

You  just need someone to come up and show you how the right kind of push ups are done...

And when nobody does, I need to seek and ask for help. 

I try not to feel too inadequate asking for help...but I've seen most of the times, people are just too oblivious of their surroundings to realize that the person right next to them, could do with an  extra push.

We mistake this obliviousness for omg-everyone's-got-their-shit-together-what's-wrong-with-me-ness

When you look at this person all focused and giving it a go at her desktop, she's probably just worried about her boyfriend in her head you know? And she's just typing that loud so she can drown away her fears with her work. 


I have always been surprised at how much they want to help you, when you tell them that you're floundering. 

So yeah, scream, shout, cry for help when you have to. 

Maybe  that would bring better results  for whichever number of parties, concerned. 

And I try to do the same thing, for anybody else who is clearly on their way to ridiculing themselves. I have tried to be more alert to the feelings of others around me. 

 I try not to feel superior about it. Because hey.. this is part of being  human. We're all here to learn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment