Wednesday, May 21, 2014

You Call It Clumsy I Call It A Poorly Contained Force Of Nature.Naturally, I Win.

I'm a little all over the place, dropping things and scrambling and scurrying to find them. It's frustrating and funny at the same time because how many times can this keep happening and not begin to look stupid even to yourself. It's like watching someone fall and trying not to laugh, except it's happening to you. 

And as if things weren't getting weirder by the minute, my boss keeps getting emails from the administrator of a certain "Magneto Mall". Someone named their mall Magneto, I shit you not. So, I need to check this place out. If anything I'd be doing  Professor Charles Xavier a favour (in case there's any covert operation that needs to be unearthed) and helping the economy. I'm the quintessential "Storm" brewer. And then...just then it becomes so much easier to explain my all-over-the-place ness. It's because I'm an all encompassing force of nature bitches! caught in a human suit that doesn't know how to contain all this awesomeness. 

Sometimes,  it's really late in the night and my mother's phone blasts out. (She's a doctor so it's kind of normal to get calls in the middle of the night, because people in Kolkata have no concept of emergency hospital numbers.) My mother puts the phone on silent and then it just goes grrr grr grrr. And I'm like Another One Bites The Dust..grr grr grr Another one bites the dust and then my head explodes into this imaginary Queen concert and  I feel guilty about coming up with this particular song when  patients are calling my mother in an emergency/not emergency situation. It's hard to tell. They panic for crazy reasons. Like OMG do I need to take my baby for a bath because he feels hot...and my mom's like have you measured his temperature with this thing called a thermometer? And they're like...er yeah it's 98. And then my mother squeals "BUT THAT IS BODY TEMPERATURE!" It's not fun. 

Except for the imaginary Queen concerts in my head. Those are always super fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment