Saturday, April 18, 2015

Gainsbourg and His Sweet Lies

A friend of mine shared this song with me: 



It's totally not safe for work. 

The first time I heard it I was a little traumatized. 

Second time: ...huh...I want this guy to whisper sweet nothings into my ear. I wonder what he's saying. 

So I googled the translation, this is what I got : 

"You go, you go and you come 
  Between my back 
  You go and you come 
   Between my back 
  And I rejoin you" 

I asked my friend if the song was really about anal sex. 

F: Wtf are you talking about? 

Me: I want to know what Gainsbourg is singing. Because I want to imagine he's singing all that to me. 

F: He doesn't say he's going and coming between your back.

Me: oh good. 

F: He says he goes and he comes between your kidneys. 

Me: umm what?

F: reins is french for kidneys. Renal...see? 

Me: why does Gainsbourg think going and coming between kidneys is romantic? :O

F: It's actually meant to be abstract. You can't think of it in the literal english sense.


And the weird thing is that the  song is stuck in my head. I've been humming about kidneys the whole day. Bet that was the whole point of it, to make you hum about kindeys your entire day. And now I don't think I'll be able to pee without getting slightly turned on.  Gainsbourg was one sneaky bastard. 


No comments:

Post a Comment