Friday, April 10, 2015

To Float Or To Swim- Summer Is Here And So Are It's Many Dilemmas!

Last Sunday was a bit of a rude shock.

Came very close to disappointing the only people in my life who  will, still sadly stay...despite all the pain I cause them because they are made of stern uncoditional stuff. 

But thankfully through the course of the week I realised that this time I had been spared and probably shouldn't have been as worried and fretful as I was on Sunday. But I'm glad I was. Because that's how we make changes. Stop and think instead of drifting along like life was never meant to serve any other purpose. 

Here's what Hunter S. Thompson wrote on the matter: 

" ...And indeed, that IS the question whether to float with the tide, or to swim for a goal. It is a choice we must all make consciously or unconsciously at one time in our lives. So few people understand this! Think of any decision you've ever made which had a bearing on your future: I may be wrong but I don't see how it could have been anything but a choice however indirect- between the two things I've mentioned: the floating or the swimming..." 

So, I choose to swim now. Because I'm done floating. It's been great though, no regrets. 

Onwards Friends! Thanks for being patient as always :) 

I realise this post could be termed completely vague...in that there are no details. But I think that would bore you. 

Here's something specific though: 

These are the books I'm currently reading. And I needed some place
to keep them together instead of lying around all over
the place like they usually do. 
Mom: did you just invert a tool and make it into a bookshelf? 

Me: Yes, not just any bookshelf, a portable one at that. This is how I get famous. Ikea should probably hire me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment