Monday, February 8, 2016

Vulnerable Is Good

"I think we forget things if there is nobody to tell them to" 
                                                                     ~Sajjan Fernandes, The Lunchbox 



I don't know if that quote is correct but something to that effect is mentioned in the movie. It is the closest way to describe my relationship with this blog lately. 

Somewhere in between the worrying, the grief, the planning and the stress that January and February has been I forgot to document any of my feelings, thoughts on matters that have weighed down on us for so many weeks now. 

It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that I've forgotten most of those teeny bits of experiences that wither away into feelings like wispy florets of dandelion flowers...and before you can document a memory they are off in a land of their own. 

If you follow me on Twitter, you will know that I have just come back from a really difficult journey from a neat little village called Erzhausen near Frankfurt, Germany. It is perhaps my most favourite place in the world, because it was home to Chhor Dadu (who I have written about here and here. )

That sweet man passed away on Thursday and took a little bit of our hearts with him.... and it feels odd to recount all of those personal feelings here but Love is the predominant one. And it's always good to share love. 

Because that's how Dadu was...very very generous with the way he showed that he loved. 

And I hope I can instill a little bit of that trait in me. 

Huddle close and don't be shy to show that you care. 

Don't say it. Show it. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment