Sunday, July 17, 2016

Yeah. I Think I Just Barely Maintained the Shakespeare Sunday Streak.

I've missed the Shakespeare Sunday deadline by 50 minutes now. But Sunday is still bidding goodbye to other parts of the world. So I'll just rain on Sunday's goodbye parade a little bit, beg her to stay a while longer and finish what was meant to be done because She came, despite the long wait!

There is no excuse for this tardiness, other than that hideous word we've made up these days - "adulting" It's a misnomer really, I staunchly believe my 13 year old self had her shit together far better and would have been ace at this "adulting" thing. 

If I had done a conventional, Shakespeare Sunday today it would probably have had a tinge of death in it. Mostly because I've been thinking about death a lot lately, not in the artistic vague we're-all-dying-here-way (which I do most of the time anyway) but more in the my-grandma-is-probably-dying-and-I-have-to-leave-and-why-is-2016-being-so-bloody-relentless-with-it's-machete kind of way. 

But that's the last thing I want to do- make bidding goodbye to Sunday gloomier than it already is so I'll totally phone it in and share this link -  It's a quiz- see if you guess which Shakespeare plays are being referenced in these pop songs! The word nerd in me did a little jig when I found this. 

I don't know how to end this. Honestly. Let's just hope we have a great week ahead and may there be no bad news. Please let there be no bad news. 

No comments:

Post a Comment